Monday, November 8, 2010

pt.1 The Dance Portion

This afternoon I attended pt. 1 of my Carousel audition, also known as the dance portion. Now, I'm not a singer OR a dancer, so why I'm auditioning for a musical is beyond me. I could only attend pt. 1 for 30 minutes (I had another audition I had to run to!) and was exhausted. I think the only reason I would attended a dance audition in New York would be if I wanted to be laughed at. There is something very intimidating about a massive group of dancers. Perhaps the reason why the Rockettes are so popular: fear. Regardless, I did my best and it was sub-par.

However, I left pt. 1 and about 8 minutes later, I got a text AND a phone call from the director. He was wondering if I had injured myself and if I would be returning later for my singing portion because there was a part he wanted to read me for.

WOW. That is kind of an awesome feeling. But also kind of silly because it is a musical... Is there a non-singing character?

No comments:

Post a Comment